For the purposes of determining champions, Southeast Pre-Academy League playoffs will include the top teams in the U-14 age groups.
The Southeast Pre-Academy League champion will advance to the inaugural National Premier Leagues (NPL) Champions Cup, where NPL national championships will be awarded. That event is slated for July 27-31 at Waukegan Sports Park in Waukegan, Ill.
Date and Location:
May 26-28, 2012
WRAL Soccer Center
Playoff Qualifiers and Competition Structure:
The top eight U-14 teams will qualify for the Southeast Pre-Academy League playoffs.
Quarterfinal games will be held on Saturday, semifinals Sunday and the championship game will be on Monday. A consolation bracket will also be provided, ensuring all teams play three games.
Age Group Structure:
- U-14: Players born on or after January 1, 1997.
Players will be roster-tied to their teams for the duration of the event. Regular Southeast Pre-Academy League roster rules applay to the playoffs.
Player Development Program (PDP):
US Club Soccer’s Player Development Program (PDP) for the Southeast Pre-Academy League will be held Sat., May 26, 2012, in Raleigh, N.C., in conjunction with the Southeast Pre-Academy League playoffs.
The one-day PDP event will include a training session in the morning, followed by 11 vs. 11 matches in the afternoon/evening.
- Targeted age groups: Primarily 1999 boys, as that is the corresponding age group for the next U.S. U-14 National Team. However, a small number of exceptional 1998 boys who have not attended an id2 Program Training Camp may be considered as well.
- Deadline to submit recommendations: May 7, 2012
- Please submit recommendations via the online PDP: Southeast Pre-Academy League Player Recommendation Form
PDP events are identification and developmental programs conducted within US Club Soccer’s id2 National Identification and Development Program. PDP events are based around clubs and leagues in specifically targeted geographic areas. Top players in specified birth years from multiple clubs are invited to participate based upon scouting within the leagues and recommendations from selected coaches. There are numerous benefits to attending a PDP event, including:
- U.S. Soccer National Team staff on-site to scout attendees for inclusion in U.S. Soccer’s National Team programs.
- US Club Soccer’s id2 Program staff on-site to scout attendees for inclusion in id2 Program Training Camps.
- Training gear provided by US Club Soccer and Nike.
- An opportunity to work with top soccer coaches, play with and compete against some of the area’s top players in your age group, and showcase your talents in front of national team coaches.
There is no cost for participating in a PDP event.
All hotel rooms for US Club Soccer events must be booked through Anthony Travel, the Official Travel Partner of US Club Soccer. Hotel rooms are available at various properties and prices. Rooms may be reserved by calling Anthony Travel at (855) 665-3287 and referencing US Club Soccer, or by visiting AnthonyTravel.com and searching US Club Soccer.
For More Information:
For questions regarding the Northeast Pre-Academy League playoffs, please contact Southeast Pre-Academy League administrator Daniel Allen at email@example.com.
For questions regarding the NPL Champions Cup, please contact NPL General Manager Chris Baer at firstname.lastname@example.org.